Thursday 4 June 2015

The parts of the challenge that you don't see...



 
I started this challenge to raise awareness to others about Migraine Variant Balance Disorder, but I didn't anticipate I would also be learning about it myself! Looking back now I actually knew absolutely nothing about my condition. You see any doctor who is not my neurologist has not even heard of the condition, so there's no help there and there is hardly any information online. Yes I have my consultant but he has a crazy schedule as he deals with a lot of conditions other than mine, so you only have the 5 minutes every 6 months to ask him anything and with a head like mine that's not always easy. So anyway I have now met 3 other people with MVBD, and all except one are unable to work and are finding little improvement with medication....I thought it was just me! They have all informed me that this is for life, which I wasn't aware of. It's so exciting to think that I may have stumbled across something that can help people with the condition, I certainly feel so much better thanks to KORE therapy.



A few days ago after meeting a wonderful person who had has the condition for 14 years, I was close to tears hearing their story. It seems that everyone with MVBD has different symptoms, however ours seem almost identical. After meeting these people, it suddenly dawned on me that most with the disorder are unable to work, so certainly can't afford the weekly cost of KORE therapy. That made me really sad, I suggested that it was offered on the NHS but apparently it is not yet recognised by them (I am determined to change that). Then the idea struck that I could use half of the money that I raise to pay for half of the weekly cost so that people with MVBD can afford to try it! I'm so excited, I cannot put into words how life changing that therapy is and the thought that money might be stopping people to feel better from this awful condition is not an option.



3 of the 4 of us with MVBD have tried KORE therapy and are all seeing great improvements in the condition. We want to spread the word so that we can help even more people. I am actually taking the lovely lady that I met last week to my treatment this evening, so that she can see what it's all about and hopefully start getting better too :-) so that will be 4 out of 4, woo hoo!

I caught up with someone else on Sunday who also has the condition, I hadn't seen them for a few weeks and it was so amazing to physically see the improvements. When we met before I could imagine exactly how bad they were feeling, and now I can see how much better they are feeling. I can't put into words how fantastic that is to see!



It hasn't just helped people with MVBD either, a very brave solider contacted me to say that he lost an eye and arm in Afghanistan and suffers from PTSD. Traditional routes hadn't helped him, and he was really grateful that he had come across my website as he didn't know that meditation could help with the condition. It's the people that it's helping that makes my challenge so worth while, and gives me the energy to continue with it each week. Please take the time to read some of the e-mails that I have received and you will see just how much help it can give to people: Click here



Please click here if you would like to Donate

Thank you for reading
Bobbie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment