Sunday 8 February 2015

My challenge is out in the big wide world

Hi again!

Well that was a lot scarier than I thought it would be! I finally published the link to my website yesterday, and reluctantly hit send with a swarm of butterflies in my stomach!
Considering how long I've been ill I've actually managed to keep it pretty quiet (except for publishing it in the national newspapers!), so it was a really scary thought that everyone was about to know that I have been unwell.

It was actually a really great experience, I think its good to allow yourself to be completely vulnerable every now and then!...all too often we have our guard up, so why not try something different. There's a quote that I love by Albert Einstein that says 'If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got'. Couldn't have said it better myself!  

I was pleasantly surprised by peoples response to my challenge, I have had nothing but lovely comments and support. I've already got over 30 people who have liked my page on Facebook which is super exciting - thank you everyone! I have also had a fantastic lady who has offered to donate her evenings wages to the charity if I work a night where she works as a take away delivery driver...people never cease to amaze me with their kindness! Of course I have taken her up on her offer, so if you are ordering a takeaway from New Ash Green Tandori this Friday you could be greeting me at the door! Stay tuned if you would like to find out how it went!



So today has been a day of finding my first few jobs - one of the many lessons that I have learnt from this illness is that you never know where life will take you but there's always a reason and a lesson to be learnt! So I am going to go with flow for this challenge, rather than rigidly plan - I would like it to evolve! That's one of the reasons why I only have 80 jobs on the list at the moment, who knows what great opportunities will arise!

Anyway I think that's enough for today! Hope you've all had a great weekend

Thank you so much for your support

Bobbie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment